Hello! We are Paula & Erik and we are the owner/operators of the Africa Lodge. Our lives used to be a bit different in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Erik was a real estate agent/owner of Gevaert Makelaars and Paula was an interior designer/concept designer Fashion. In her position as concept designer, Paula has made many long journeys and has also visited many destinations all over the world together with Erik. The African continent is one of their most popular Destinations! After their first visit in 1998 they fell in love with South Africa, the country, the nature, the people, the food and last but not least the wines!
Traveling is in their DNA. After all these trips it was clear for them what the ideal hotel (room) should be!
It is therefore not surprising that when a guesthouse was for sale that met their criteria, they took the step in 2019 to take it over and completely strip the interior and turned it into an amazing new premises!
The Africa Lodge is for you if:
- you enjoy nature and adventure (or just kicking back with a book & a glass of wine)
- you want a local experience, not to be stuck behind walls where you never really see the local people
- you are a foodie who is always looking forward to their next meal. We’ve a lot of nice restaurants in our neighbourhood!
- you enjoy traveling to rustic, off the beaten path types of places in a beautiful, natural setting yet you want to return to a super comfy four poster bed, a hot shower and a room where attention has been paid to the details.
- you enjoy the intimate feeling of staying in a small, laid back, luxury guesthouse as opposed to a 24 hour hotel with a large staff. Keep in mind this is a home that has been opened up to guests. Our staff, although small, are always willing to help should you need it.
- you appreciate the planet, taking care of it and the often fragile ecosystem.
- you are laid back and understand that “Africa time” can be an amazing concept in which to de-stress
- you want a hip environment in luxurious rooms where attention is paid to design and comfort
Share This Page